What is HGH?
Human Growth Hormone (HGH) which is produced in the anterior lobe of pituitary gland in the brain is essential to carry many functions in the body, synthesis of cells and metabolism of fats and sugars in the body. It is the main hormone that is responsible for proper body development, muscle growth, strengthening of bones, renewing cells and tissues in the body etc. It helps in overall well-being of humans. One needs to need to increase HGH to grow taller.
What happens due to deficiency in HGH?
Once we reach puberty, HGH decreases naturally which means the growth of muscles and bones fuses. So, in order to have a proper growth, one has to eat a healthy diet rich in zinc, calcium etc. along with proper exercise and a good sleep are important.
But deficiency of HGH in case of children who have not reached puberty causes smaller feet and hands, lack of muscle, sight problems, improper sexual developments, constant hunger and increased weight. The most common condition seen in children due to deficiency in HGH is a growth of height less than 2 inches per year.
Deficiency of HGH in adults causes lack of concentration and memory, increase in body fat, risk of heart diseases, decrease in strength and low sex drive.One needs to need to increase HGH to grow taller.
How to Supplement/increase HGH?
- From the above we understand that HGH is produced while we are asleep. Hence, getting a good sleep of 8-9 hours is essential.
- Insulin effect in your body. This can be done in 2 ways.
- Eat 2-3 hours before going to bed. The less the insulin, more HGH will be produced.
- fasting can also results in release of insulin which can produce more HGH.
- More HGH is produced after intense workout.
- The more weight you have, the higher is insulin which means less HGH. Hence, control your body weight.
- Detox liver; increase L-arginine (intake chicken, dairy products, peanuts, seeds, fish, oats etc), L-dopa (intake broad beans, canavalia, and velvet bean) and L-glutamine (found in chicken, dairy products, cabbage, beef, eggs, carrots, spinach, wheat, sprouts etc) levels.
There are two ways to supplement HGH. One is by including food or supplements that are rich in protein and amino acids as they are responsible for HGH production. These supplements improve the body’s metabolism and help in production of HGH hormone in the pituitary glands.
The other way is to take synthetic form of HGH supplements which are available in the form of injections or oral pills. With injections you can know the exact amount of HGH intake and they also show quick results. However, they come with lot of side effects. On the other hand, oral HGH supplements work by boosting the production of HGH in pituitary glands or by increasing IGF-1 hormone which is similar to insulin. Injections are always preferred as they are easy to administer. These are usually costly and need to be prescribed by your doctor as it has many side effects.