404 Error - page not found
We're sorry, but the page you are looking for doesn't exist.
OUR LATEST POSTS
Do you count yourself amongst the ones who always depend on local guides to get information about the place they visit? If not, then you surely must be one of those tourists who always do a research before leaving for a holiday. So if you are on a research mode currently and planning to visit Kashmir this summer, here is some information that can help you fianlise shopping destinations for your trip in Kashmir:
- Shopping in Srinagar: Srinagar is the first place you reach after landing in Kashmir. Known as the summer capital of the state of Jammu & Kashmir, Srinagar mesmerizes with its lush green Mughal Gardens, serene Dal Lake, charming houseboats and captivating scenic beauty. Due to its high popularity among tourists, Srinagar offers numerous shopping destinations that offer unique masterpieces of Kashmiri art. In Srinagar, Lal Chowk is the best place to explore if you are looking for artefacts made of walnut wood. Find a huge variety of wooden items here that display an intricate work of excellence. For antique silver jewellery and dry fruits, especially for the walnuts, Residency Road is the place to check out. Aromatic spices like cumin seeds, cardamom and saffron are also available in abundance here. And for but obvious Pashmina handlooms and world-famous Kashmiri carpets, you will have to reach Badshah Chowk, a place that offers an exclusive collection of designer carpets, embroided Salwar Suits and other wollen items of Kashmir. You can also shop while enjoying a relaxing shikara ride in Dal Lake through floating vegetable market, a one-of-a-kind market in Srinagar. For obvious reasons, we would not suggest you to buy vegetables from this market but taking a nice bouquet of fresh flowers and gifting that to your loved one could surely be a good idea. What say?
- Shopping in Pahalgam: Known as the ‘shephard’s paradise’, Pahalgam is a place best suitable to shop for exclusive wollens of Kashmir. Get a huge variety of traditional Kashmiri outfits here that are best in quality. Although there are not very lavish markets in Pahalgam but the main market of Pahalgam is enough to entice you with its great collection of Kashmiri woollens, rugs, carpets, artefacts, handicrafts and cozy Pashmina shawls. Also, ethnic woollen products such as ‘Namdas’ and ‘Gabbas’ are something that will catch your attention here. Do not forget to buy yourself a stylish poncho called ‘pheran’ from this market of Pahalgam.
- Shopping in Gulmarg: Probably not a shopper’s paradise, Gulmarg has very limited options available for shopping. The main market, situated at the center of the town, is the only place where you could find an exclusive range of stunning silverware, ethnic carved furniture, unique handicrafts and of course Kashmiri woollens. Well, you will have to explore a little more to find a best place to shop when in Gulmarg.
- Shopping in Ladakh: Ladakh is indeed a heaven on earth. Just like its magical picturesque charisma, Ladakh delights the shoppers with its exclusive Ladakhi items. For all those who love to collect relics of Buddha, Ladakh is the best place to visit. The place offers a wide array of Buddhist products such as tangkhas, copper somavars and prayer wheels. Also get an exquisite range of copper, brass and silver articles at the Village of Chilling which is situated at a distance of 20kms from Nima I Ladakh. The society of metal workers in the village produces beautiful masterpieces in the form of hookkah-bases, bowls, pots, silver stupas and ladles etc. Main Bazar Road, Changspa, Choglamsar are some of most popular shopping spots in Ladakh. However, if you are in Leh, Moti Market and Tibetan Market are two places not to be missed for sure.
By now, you must have got an idea what to shop and where to shop in Kashmir. So book your tickets now and get ready for a unique shopping experience at the valley of love and romance.
Till next update, Happy Shopping!!
About Author: Jasmeet is a reknowned travel blogger. She likes to visit various destination in India. Currently working as a part time blogger for eKashmirTourism.com – A Online Travel Agency for Kashmir Travel.
Need of the Time!
It is a well known fact is that the real estate and housing market is seeing a never before slowdown. Those who own a good size of land are quite well off even today and may be even tomorrow because, land is something which cannot be produced by humans and we have to deal with only with what is available right here. This being the specialty of the real estate, many have made millions from this market and many have failed too. But before embarking on a journey which involves or includes land, you need to tread carefully and if you are interested in buying, there is no risk as such because you have in your possession a land which can be put to use at a later date and you have your value if not cash. During testing times, a land owner has something to depend on to and it is like having a roof on your head and you need not worry about it any further. Those who want to sell need to be cautious because, the cash that comes from that should be invested in land again at a better spot.
You must always take note and take stock of the property that you own from time to time to analyse your individual worth and what price you would be willing to part with it. If you are a buyer of houses, then too you need to exercise caution and not get carried away. The need for house or home inspection comes quite handy when you know what the value of the property that you are keen on buying is; the first step gets passed right away. When you have the intent to analyze the worth of your property and your house, the one place you can approach is home inspection all star, a concern which is giving you a very good service of doing the hard work for you.
What to Expect:
When it comes to knowing and understanding what their process is in analysing the property, they carry out several types of inspections. The house can be checked from the top to the bottom and no place or corner is left unnoticed by their hawk like eyes. They start with the examination of the roof and then the walls and coming down right at the land where the house stands. Apart from the brick and mortar, they also keep a keen eye on the plumbing quality and the present condition as well as the electrical network in and around the house and with this a plan can be developed and one can have an idea about what the actual situation of the house is and if anything needs to be preplaced or repaired and what is the actual worth of the house as it stands that day of inspection.
If you want to put a price tag on the house, this is what you must go through before you can safely and comfortably say that you have a thorough examination done and you are confident that you are getting your worth. If you are on the other side of the river and buying is your intent, then this will be very handy and you can be very sure of what you are getting into and that you are paying for the right property and that which is not going to fall apart in near time.
If any repair is necessary before the actual purchase, the plan can be made with the suggestions from home inspection all star.
Cigar has three main components, wrappers, binders and its fillers. All three are equally vital to the quality of a cigar, but the wrapper is what renders it the aesthetics appeal as well as ensure the flavour it must deliver according to its colour. In fact, this particular exterior component is deemed responsible for nearly 60% or even more than that of cigar’s value and flavour. In the past 25 years, the diversity in wrappers have increase manifold; which has made it more important than ever before. Even it affects the discount cigar prices.
Here are some major concepts related to cigar wrapper disclosed and discussed briefly.
- Veins: Wrappers grown in shade have smoother and smaller veins, but these have higher tobacco quality to them. Their veins should also reflect a bit of oiliness, so it may be assumed that they are not brittle or dried out; which will not be good for the flavour.
- Sun vs. Shade grown wrappers: Shade grown wrappers have smooth surface as well as smaller veins. Sun grown wrappers have thicker veins and become dark in colour; but sweet in taste.
- AMS wrappers: These are the popular American standard cigar wrappers that are of sour characteristics and light green n colour. These are most often referred as Double Claro, Jade and Candela.
- EMS wrappers: These are the British wrappers as per the standards of English cigar markets that date back to 19th century. This is also a benchmark for many modern cigar wrappers that are manufactured currently. Wrappers of this group are usually grown in Connecticut, Cameroon and Cuba.
- Two country reference to cigar wrappers: At times cigar makers experiment by growing variety of seeds in different countries and then using them to make wrappers. Thus, wrapper labelled Ecuadorian Connecticut or Dominican Sumatra came into existence. For example, Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper was grown in Ecuador and the seed belonged to Connecticut. First country is the place where wrapper grew and second country is where the seed came from.
- Sumatra: These wrappers are grown in the Indonesian region, while they carry in them a neutral and milder flavour. They have a dark brown colour yet a sweet aroma with spicy hint.
- Shade wrappers from Connecticut: These are the silkiest ones available among cigar wrappers, where they have a golden brown light colour. Their unobtrusive veins are a beauty to see, while they carry a mild flavour to themselves.
- Maduro broadleaf: This is a sun-grown wrapper in Nicaragua, Brazil, Costa Rica, Honduras, Connecticut and Ecuador. It has a dark, sweet and rich aroma and flavours to die for. Even though its thick veins, a nicely crafted wrapper will carry a velvety texture to it.
- Cameroon: These African raised wrappers are the popular component of today’s cigar manufacturing. It has a sweet aroma and spicy flavour. Its dark brown colour is attractive and the feel when holding it is luxurious.
Though, a cigar made by these kinds of premium wrappers will cost a fortune, but with discount cigar prices they are always affordable.
Morocco is an incredible place, full of culture, history and truly stunning scenery. There’s so much to enjoy and explore in Morocco – any person of any age and interest will enjoy a visit here. From the vast trekking opportunities of the Atlas Mountains, to the exciting shopping opportunities in Casablanca. No one will visit Morocco and feel bored, and here’s just a few reasons why:
You Can See The Blue Streets Of Chefchaouen
Chefchaouen is a photographers paradise, and is placed at the very base of the stunning Rif Mountains. It is a friendly and relaxed area with lots of wonderful places to stay and a lovely cafe culture. It is also visually stunning, and makes for some incredible holiday photos. The reason the area is so gorgeous to look at is because the majority of it is painted blue. The buildings, the alleyways and the streets are all sky blue, so you’ll be under no illusions you’re anywhere other than Chefchaouen when you get there. The mountainous background also contributes to the areas picturesque qualities.
You Can Learn To Cook Real Moroccan Cuisine
Visiting Morocco means sampling some of the tastiest cuisine on earth. However, if you want to recreate these flavour combinations at home, you’re going to need to invest in some traditional cooking classes. Moroccan food is influenced by many different areas, from Turkey to the Middle East and even France, much of Morocco’s food is a fusion of different cuisines, which is what makes it so very unique. Opt for a workshop or cooking class in a Riad and truly immerse yourself in the country’s culinary culture. It’s also worth browsing the shopping areas after your cooking class and investing in some traditional Moroccan cooking equipment and spices, so you can recreate your learnt dishes at home.
Understand The Religious History Of The Country
Throughout Morocco you will see fantastic mosques, which is why it’s worth learning about the religious base of the country. Learning about the Muslim background of the country will only bring you closer to its heart. A lot of the buildings and historical landmarks have connections with the country’s religion, so learning about Islam will enhance your understanding of not only how a lot of the buildings were created, but why.
Koutoubia Mosque is truly a vision to behold and is the most famous landmark of Marrakesh. it has four copper globes and can be seen for miles away. You can’t get inside the mosque if you’re not muslim, but you can have a look around it externally and see its incredible architecture and beautiful decoration.
Embrace The Green Side Of Morocco
There are lots of stunning gardens to explore in Morocco, which is great if you feel like you want to escape the busy city and see a different side to this amazing country. The La Mamounia is famous across the globe, in part because of its stunning gardens. Here you can see traditional gardens which were created in the 18th century by a prince, gifting them to his father.
Embrace Modern Morocco
Although there are stacks of places to see historical Morocco, enjoying ancient paintings, buildings and landmarks, Morocco is also a modern place. Marrakech has a growing modern art scene and plenty of modern art exhibitions can be enjoyed in Dar Cherifa. The building itself is classic in its design and dates back to the 16th century, which forms a great contrast with the modern art often displayed inside. Visiting a modern art exhibition in Morocco is a great way to connect with the young people of the country.
Sleep In The Desert
You can take a camel trek across the Sahara, or a 4×4 if you don’t fancy getting sand on your skin, or if you really want to embrace this incredible wonder of the world, you could camp overnight. Sleeping in the desert is a truly magical experience and it is something you will never forget. There are various sleeping options from traditional dune tents to luxury safari style tents, so you can cater the experience to your taste however you want to or however your budget allows. Just make sure you look up at the sky at night to see the stars the clearest you have ever seen them, and get up early to see a real desert sunrise. Contact www.moroccanviews.com if you want help booking the perfect Moroccan holiday.
You don’t even need to tell us what happened when you told your friends that you want to buy a gaming laptop. Their inner elitist got the best of them, and bashed you for not just outright building a gaming PC. But we get you. Building a gaming PC takes knowledge and dexterity that you just don’t have or care to develop.
That’s where the gaming laptop shines, as the fast lane to PC gaming. The gaming notebook is a device of convenience and portability over raw power. Without further do, here are our favorite gaming laptops of this year.
Asus ROG G751JY-DH71
The Asus ROG G751JY has the latest processor and GPU options and every feature a mobile gamer could want. It’s optional GTX 980M beats Nvidia’s previous top mobile chip, the GTX 880, by about 30 percent. There’s also a 2.5GHz Intel Core i7 under the hood, so you won’t have to worry about a performance bottleneck. The G751’s other features include a beautiful semi-gloss 1080p display, a pair of hard drives (one SSD, one HDD), and up to 32GB of RAM. Yet, in spite of its capability, this notebook runs cool and last about four hours in web browsing, which is good for a gaming notebook. No competitor can match the broad appeal of this Asus.
If you’re looking for a sub-1 lakh rupee gaming behemoth, definitely consider the Lenovo Y50-70 – a great gaming laptop at the price. Just take a look at its specs: Full HD 15.6-inch screen, Intel Core i7-4710HQ chip, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB HDD + 8GB SSD, and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M graphics with 2GB GDDR5 memory. It’s specs are very similar to an entry-level Alienware priced a lot higher. Let’s just say that you won’t be disappointed while gaming on the Lenovo Y50-70.
Origin EON 17-S
The Origin EON 17-S has a bit of a weight problem, coming in at a hefty 9 pounds of pure gaming glory. The specs at the low end are modest, but run all the way up to Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition processors and state of the art Nvidia GPUs. And the maximum of three hard drives ensures you won’t run out of space anytime soon.
The Origin EON17-S is a beastly gaming rig for players who want the best of the best, including Nvidia’s top mobile graphics chip and an overclocked Intel desktop processor. It’s a $2,699 insurance policy against obsolescence with today’s and tomorrows most demanding games.
You shouldn’t pick the EON17-S if portability is a real priority, but it’s one of the most powerful notebooks around.
Make no mistake, this is undoubtedly the complete package and then some, offering the glitz and glamor of a boutique gaming PC in the laptop form factor. Not to mention that this AMD graphics chip inches dangerously close to desktop-level performance.
Save for some nagging (but ultimately fixable) problems, the Alienware 17 (starting at $1,499) is one of the best gaming laptops money can buy. From its sharp metallic and soft-touch build to a host of powerful components, this is a one-stop shop for getting into PC gaming with a single click.
Razer Blade 14
Razer Blade 14 Inch Touchscreen Gaming Laptop is one of the best laptop for gaming. It has the Intel Core i7-4702HQ 2.2 GHz processor, 8GB RAM and the solid state drive of 256GB. It has the NVIDIA Geforce graphics with windows 8.1 operating system.
The standout feature on the Razer Blade is its Switchblade touchpad interface – a unique feature that turns the Blade’s touchpad into a fully functioning small second screen that you can use to check your email, watch YouTube videos or amplify your gaming experience.
The Intel Core i7-4702HQ CPU is powerful, and the sound is crisp, but it is expensive, the keyboard is a little stiff and the touchpad placement to the side takes some getting used to. But its long battery life and comparatively lightweight chassis makes portable, quality gaming possible.
Why should I use Self-storage?
Lots of people use self-storage services. Homeowners who are moving or renovating, business owners who need additional stock space, short-term storage, and more. Any time you need additional space to store your things, self-storage services are a good option.
What can I Store in a Self-storage Unit?
Virtually anything! Furniture, vehicles (such as motorcycles), clothing, home items, office supplies, business stock, paperwork and more. Of course, storing illegal goods is not permitted.
Will My Items Be Safe?
That depends. It’s important to investigate at each self-storage facility to determine the level of safety they employ. Choose a self-storage facility that uses cylinder locks, not padlocks. Padlocks can easily be cut off with bolt cutters, leaving your belongings vulnerable to theft. Better still, look for a facility that offers on-site security officers and adequate surveillance cameras to reduce the risk of theft.
How much will it Cost?
This varies greatly, depending on the size of the unit you need and whether you are looking for short- or long-term storage options. Only rent the size of unit you’ll realistically need, or you’ll end up spending more than necessary.
How do I know what Size to Rent?
The sales associates at the self-storage can help with this. Places like www.safeselfstoragecalgary.ca/ have a wealth of experience in determining the appropriate unit size for each customer’s needs. Simply tell them what type of items you plan to store and they will guide you in the right direction.
Do I need a Climate-controlled Storage Space?
When you sign up for a self-storage unit, you may be asked whether you require a climate-controlled unit. These units are generally more expensive, so it’s important to understand whether they are something you require or not. Things that would benefit from climate-controlled storage are good-quality wood furniture, clothing and other fabric items. Otherwise, mold and mildew can end up creeping in and ruining your items.
How do I Gain Access to My Unit?
Although this is not always the case, generally units will require you to provide your own lock so that you are the only person with a key. Choose a heavy-duty lock that cannot be cut with bolt cutters for maximum security. If you choose a facility that provides the lock for you, choose one with cylinder locks. They are much more secure.
Are My Items Insured?
Yes and no. Items stored in self-storage units are not automatically covered against things like damage or theft. That being said, you can opt for insurance coverage against things like water damage and fire. Be sure you understand what is – and isn’t – covered.
You should know that not all self-storage units are the same. In fact, they can vary greatly in many areas. These include size, options, insurance, security, cleanliness and level of customer service they offer. Be diligent in your search, to ensure you find the self-storage unit that meets your needs in terms of size of unit, security, budget and other features.