A unique fruit which is high in nutritive value is the breadfruit. The green exterior encompasses a creamish yellow interior that gives custard like flavour. It can eaten as it is or can be presented as fruit hampers, constituting one of the items of assortment. Appealing to the eyes, and rich in nutritional value, the breadfruit is one of the healthiest fruits in the recent times. Let’s take an overview of its health benefits
Nutritional Value of Breadfruit
Nutritional value of breadfruit is really amazing. It contains 27.12 grams of carbohydrates, 1.07 grams of proteins and 4.9 grams of dietary fibres. It is also rich in minerals. 490 milligrams of potassium and 2 milligram of sodium also form a part of it. In addition, it is a rich source of Vitamin C and has a bundle of Vitamin B and its related minerals form.
Health Benefits of Breadfruit
There are umpteen benefits of this amazing fruit. Read on to know some of them:
- Supports cardiovascular health- Breadfruit is rich in dietary fibres, which help to decrease the bad cholesterol (LDL) and increase the good cholesterol (HDL) levels in the body. This, in turn, helps to maintain the working of the heart valves and prevents them from clogging. All the more, breadfruit helps to decrease the triglyceride levels in the body, which are found to be the real reason behind heart attacks. Overall, breadfruit supports cardiovascular health in an effective manner.
- Prevents colon cancer- The rich fibres of breadfruits help to clean the tract of the intestines and save them from fungal infections, which could later result in colon cancer. All the more, it also helps to strengthen the bowel movements of the body.
- Increases resistance against infections- Breadfruit is a rich source of Vitamin C, which prepares the body to fight various kinds of infections and develop a resistance against them. All the more, Vitamin C also helps to fight against the free radicals in the body which leads to ageing.
- Helpful for diabetic patients- Breadfruit contains certain compounds that trigger the pancreases to secrete insulin and hence help the diabetic patients. In addition, it also decreases the absorption of glucose into the body, thus controlling diabetes to a certain level.
- Helps in development of brain and mind- Breadfruit consists of a good amount of Omega-3 and Omega 6 fatty acids which are essential for the development of brain and mind. These fatty acids also help to prevent hair loss, as they aid in the secretion of sebum from the scalp which helps to maintain the natural oil level and prevent damage and breakage of hair, resulting in less hair loss.
- Rejuvenates skin cells- Good amount of vitamin C in breadfruit helps in the production of collagen proteins, which tighten and firm the skin cells. The anti-oxidant properties of breadfruit further save the cell from harmful UV radiations and at the same time help in generation of new cells, which help to retain ones youth identity.
With all these benefits, including Breadfruit in the daily diet seems to be a viable for a healthy persona.