Davies divorce law is a law firm based in Ottawa that specializes essentially in every aspect of family laws, taking separation and divorce into account. It provides independent advice on such legal issues and represents individuals and parties in court so as to preserve the rights of the parties involved.
If the parties have been living separately for one year or more, they are entitled to a divorce by the court. In some cases, the divorce can be immediate. The couple involved in the divorce must understand the consequences of it in terms of parental and even matrimonial rights.
The divorce can be contentious, invoking arguments, or amicable. In either case, experienced lawyers are required to help you navigate through the toughest phase of your life.
If the couple filing for a divorce agrees on all the legal issues, for instance, custody, access, division of property and assets, a lawyer must still be hired to draft the final separation agreement. The agreement steps to be followed in Ontario are-
- Initially, the lawyers of both the parties will see the problem that have to be negotiated upon, such as custody, visiting schedule, taking decisions for children, property division and more.
- The lawyers will assist their clients to gather their financial information. This will include information about the incomes. This financial information is exchanged between lawyers of both the parties.
- Then, the lawyers draft an agreement, so that both the parties gain out of it.
- The lawyers will then explain to their respective clients and provide legal advices and enable amendments, if required.
- Both people involved in the divorce authenticate the agreement and sign it.
- The agreement becomes legally binding.
Daviesdivorcelaw Helps You To
- Explore and identify the best options that are available to you so that you can make an intelligent choice.
- Engage professionals working in other domains that are of relevance to the client, such as financial advisors, family counsellors, professionals involved in child protection etc.
- Work towards establishing a peaceful ambience and minimizing conflicts among the parties involved.
When the separating people cannot arrive on a mutual consensus on matters such as custody, access, division of property and assets etc. the divorce has to be contested and invokes arguments. To resolve such a divorce, people have to move to courts.
At Davies divorce law, an application is drafted by the lawyer of a spouse and a case is filed. The other side, then, files their reply. After that, the parties meet in the court with their lawyers in the presence of a judge. This is known as case conference. It is done to enable negotiations on different separation issues.
Davies Divorce Law
- Has extensive knowledge and experience in such matters. They engage professionals working in other domains that are of relevance to the client, such as financial advisors, family counsellors, professionals involved in child protection etc.
- Fights the case in a tough and aggressive manner.