As a business owner, moving your business to a different location is determined for a variety of reasons. It could be expansion is driving the move, cost saving or to be closer to customers and vendors, even a new neighborhood can prompt a move.
Employees can be stressed by the prospect of a move or worried about increased commute times. Even a move to cut costs can wind up with mounting expenses in the short term. Business owners who have gone through the moving process agree that there are some key things to be aware of when you decide to move your business with office movers in Vancouver.
- Make sure you have enough money. Be realistic about what you can reasonably afford to pay for a new space, a great last quarter or two should not prompt a move. It might be wiser to stay put rather than make what could be a costly mistake by moving too quickly.
- Next you want to carefully research any new location before you settle on any one in particular.
- For example if you sell outdoor items you want to be sure the new neighborhood is a safe place to have this type of business.
- Before you make that leap doing research on foot traffic as well as safety of the new neighborhood, ask yourself if there’s sufficient space to manufacture or warehouse items you market.
- Taking the time, even if it’s takes a year to find the right location by evaluating each property for traffic numbers, adjacent businesses or anything that might impact your success.
- The final key is devising a thorough plan of the move itself. Create a plan listing each employee’s responsibility right down to packing those mugs in the break room. Changing addresses on the website, informing vendors of the proposed move, setting up phone service and internet are just a few of the many tasks that need to be written in detail. Have established deadlines for each task and check them off as a deadline is met, involving employees in the move each step of the way. A business move can be more stressful for all involved when you’re trying to ensure the business is uninterrupted.
Hiring a professional moving company that has successfully moved businesses allows for a smooth transition. Contact Vancouver Corporate Movers for your next business move.